poniedziałek, 2 stycznia 2017

Nobody Will It Better By Phil Edwards

So, it's late autumn 1977, it's a Saturday night, and to a 7-year-old, the possibility of staying up late is usually welcome. I was informed that "The Spy Who Loved Me" was the latest in the long line of James Bond films. The fact that I'd been "brave" whilst my dad had administered an ill-advised remedy to my infected, swollen nail-bitten finger, involving a kettle full of boiling water plus a bread and potato poltis, had earned me a choice the cinema, or staying up late to watch Starsky & Hutch. My parents gave me the setting about Bond being a British Spy who, to quote my dad, was "sort of like John Steed"...powerful words to a 7-year-old Avengers fan! The playground buzz was all about the underwater car, the steel-toothed giant, and also the dwarf inside the sidecar.

Phil http://www. There may be thematic comparisons with all the video for Simian Mobile Disco's "Hustler" which also features attractive girls, but from Benny Benassi's "Satisfaction" to Eric Prydez "Call On Me" I think you can safely say that within the genre there's an existing tradition of combining gorgeous girls with somewhat bizarre and abstract items and contexts. A moving spotlight travelled across the screen, replaced by the inner rim of a gun-barrel following an immaculately dressed man back for the centre. As I left the cinema, town was buzzing with Saturday night atmosphere. totallybond.

Then came the moment...and I mean THE moment. The short film preceding the primary feature was half way through, and was obviously a documentary about the Chinese in addition to their street festivals. It was heaving. It was heaving. Bond took-out one of one other guys having a rocket fired from his ski-pole for God's sake! Why had I not been told about Bond before? How cool was this? .

It was perhaps only at that point that the home sound which was traditionally soulful and funky lost it's edge because it became more mainstream, while underground audiences sought something edgier, giving rise to the Electroclash movement which saw the overproduced, overthough house sound eschewed in favour of a punkier aesthetic driven from the do-it-yourself ethos of your new type of laptop based producers training of their bedroom's - just like Grum. This was exciting. The magnificence of the snow-covered mountain, the romance of the secluded log-cabin, the sweetness of Sue Vanner...all wasted on me, specially when compared for the fact that this James Bond bloke, were built with a digital watch! Yes, a digital watch! He would without doubt be the coolest guy within our school, regardless of whether he was obviously a spy. The video closes since the father bursts into the studio reproaching the sleazy director with the humourous slogan "We've got plenty of spaghetti!" .

"Damn Grum's got it right. " But no, I was wrong. What's so funny? This guy has just taken-out a helicopter, successfully driven a vehicle in and out of the sea, defeated a load of tooled-up scuba-divers, and this audience has the audacity to laugh? Only later in your life did I understand the way the reactions of holidaymakers traversing to a car emerge in the sea is amusing, specially the guy who instinctively doubts his own eyes, blaming his drink! .



You'll definitely want to check on out the brand new video to Grum's "I can't Shake This Feeling" on youtube as section of the build up for the offical album launch. http://www. Bond and I would next meet, but what I did know was...nobody can it better! .

I myself had never heard of "Feeder" videos but apparently this can be an existing genre in adult movies. Whatever the truth be sure to check on out this electrohouse music video from Grum for yourself: "I Can't Shake This Feeling"! http://www. There continues to be thematic comparisons with the video for Simian Mobile Disco's "Hustler" which also features attractive girls, but from Benny Benassi's "Satisfaction" to Eric Prydez "Call On Me" I think you can safely claim that within the genre there is a recognised tradition of combining gorgeous girls with somewhat bizarre and abstract items and contexts. Whatever the situation be certain to test out this electrohouse music video from Grum for yourself: "I Can't Shake This Feeling"! http://www. com/watch?v=2t0Ef1Fs2Hw.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz